Re: [TowerTalk] 80m 4-square materials

To: k1ttt@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m 4-square materials
From: Tim Duffy K3LR <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 11:33:22 -0600
Hello Dave!

You might look at the photos on my web site http://www.k3lr.com
under the tab of 80 meter vertical project (two phased 4 squares).

I am using the HyGain Hytower as the building block for 8 verticals. They are
single band, full size (80 only) and use three Rohn BX sections (first 24 feet).
The overall length is much longer (stock Hytower is 51 feet total, mine are 75
feet). I extended the aluminum is several areas to make each vertical resonant
at 3.500 MHz (elements in a 4 square must be longer than normal). They have
survived 75 mph winds and lots of ice storms. They can be lowered and raised by
two men.

This modified HyTower vertical meets all of your construction and operational
criteria!

73!
Tim K3LR