Re: [TowerTalk] Tram rope

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tram rope
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 00:13:32 EST

In a message dated 12/20/2006 4:25:37 A.M. Greenwich Standard Time,
eric@k3na.org writes:

--  Sheave material:  For your one-time weekend installation with 100 lb
riding on the tram, I wouldn't worry about the aluminum sheave.  But,
for your next investment, get a material as hard or harder than the rope
material.  With soft materials, sheave life and rope life are  shortened
because the sheave takes on an impression of the rope,  leading to
scoring and damage.  Save the aluminum sheave for fiberous  ropes.

Sheave material IS important, as Eric writes.  I wasted money on a  couple of
Home Depot pulleys and what Eric said, happened.  No more  junkcheap pulleys.

Bill K4XS/KH6