Re: [TowerTalk] Lazy - H Wire Antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lazy - H Wire Antenna
From: Terry Conboy <n6ry@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:12:02 -0800
At 08:44 PM 2006-12-20, Garry WR4R wrote:
>Has anyone had any experience with the Expanded Lazy-H antenna? This one
>is cut to dipole length of 1.25wl and element spacing of .625wl at
>highest freq.

These work great.  When I worked in Seattle, my boss, N6NR, put up
two of them at right angles to each other.  They were cut for
20m.  He wrote an article in QST for March 1993, page 22: "The NRY, A
Simple, Effective Wire Antenna for 80 through 10 Meters" by Rick
Olsen, N6NR.  It's online at the ARRL web site for members.

MC & HNY,
Terry N6RY