Re: [TowerTalk] Help! Lots of Birds on Tower Problem !

To: "'N6KI Dennis Vernacchia'" <n6ki_73@sbcglobal.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help! Lots of Birds on Tower Problem !
From: "Marc Wullaert ON4MA" <marc.wullaert3@pandora.be>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 17:23:03 -0000
Dennis
i'm using a owl for then years now.It is placed on the boom of my 40m beam
on top above
my tribander beam.
It is never on the same place and the owl is mounted on a system from a
bikers wheel.
He is turning on his one at his mountingplate.

Before at my other qth in the city  I  placed the owl on my tower.No help
because the owl stay
alsways on the same place.People got poop on there cars.O i never forget the
japanese tourist
came over to take a picture.

This summer I took down the  antennas for  maintanance and checked the
owl.No colors anymore so I painted
him like a snow-owl.

still no birds on my tower...sometimes i have crow's flying around the owl
and they make sense to attack
him but few turns around and they are gone.

Marc on4ma