[TowerTalk] Dipole for 80m at 450 ft

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Dipole for 80m at 450 ft
From: Milan Dlabač - Nibe Heating <dlabac@nibe-cz.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 17:22:19 +0100
Dear oms,
first of all merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all of You.Now the problem.We
have oportunity to utilize 450 ft high previous BC tower.We already put the
4SQR of full size dipoles for 160m, which works as we expected.We were in the
160m contest as ol5k.Now we must decide, what to do for 80m band.Because of
huge cross section we dont believe, that other 4SQR would work properly.I was
thinking about very high dipole.I thought to put up two dipoles, one at 450 ft
for Pacific and Afrika  and other at the right angle at 400 ft to East- West ,
because of coupling.Dipoles will be shortened to 80 ft and will be from AL
tubes.We canot make a normal Inv Vee.What is Your point of view?The praktical
experience and compare with vertical antenas  will be highly appreciated.Thanks
for help, see you in the contest in January 2007.  Milan ok1awz  ol5k  Elb Dx
gang

It has removed 129 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!