[TowerTalk] Tristao Tower 37ft guyed 8" base

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tristao Tower 37ft guyed 8" base
From: "Mike Oberbauer" <moberbauer@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 14:09:02 -0800
I received this tower and don't have the model number for the tower. The model
and serial number on the label are blank. It is 37 ft high extended and is a 2
section tower. There are guy wire mounts on the top of the stationary part of
the tower. the Tower has a hinge plate on the bottom and and the base is about
8" on each side. The tower is constructed with 1 inch OD tubing.

Any inforamtion on how to build a base or attach guy wires to the earth. Also
what type of guy wire that will last. I also understand that egg insulators are
needed on the guys. What is the typical spacing for the egg insulators or
maximum length of guy wire between insulators?

I also need information on the strength of the crankup cable because the one on
the tower is in need of replacement.