Re: [TowerTalk] Floating Elevated Radials

To: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Floating Elevated Radials
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 08:26:35 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 06:08:57 -0800 (PST), Dennis OConnor
 <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  If DC grounding the radial system is important to you then do it through a
> husky parallel tuned circuit so that the RF on the radial is maintained above
> ground potential.. And put a common mode choke on the coax at the feed point,
> and if necessary repeat the choke 1/8 wave back from the antenna...

I am no great expert on lightning protection, but I understand for
lightning protection, just about the last thing you want is a parallel
resonant circuit in your ground wire.

If this "DC ground" is not for lightning protection, what is it for?
There is no actual DC at that point, is there? And if there is, why
would you want it grounded?

Bill, W6WRT