[TowerTalk] Aluminum mast

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Aluminum mast
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 21:52:26 -0500
I am a big fan of aluminum masts and I use them on both of my P40A towers
shown on http://www.qrz.com/p40a .  They are not as strong as steel and they
do bend more so you have to make sure that you don't overload them with
antennas.  I like them in my application because they corrode much slower
than steel.  If there are antennae on your mast you should use a garden hose
to wash out the insects that crawled inside before installing it : )

John KK9A