[TowerTalk] Need RLC for KW-80c trap

To: "Tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need RLC for KW-80c trap
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 16:52:00 -0500
Happy New Year, All.

I'm trying to model a 160/80 trapped inverted vee that uses Reyco KW-80c
traps. I have the wire dimensions, but need the RLC values for the traps.
Does anyone know them?

Incidentally, I have one of these in the air at the moment, and found a
couple of old Reyco traps in the garage that I replaced a few years ago. I
tried measuring R and X with my AEA CIAHF and plugging those numbers into
the EZNEC Load screen, but that resulted in infinite SWR. Not sure whether
the R and X numbers I got were bad (one trap is definitely broken, zero
capacitance, and I don't know about the other one), or if that's not the way
to model traps in EZNEC. Any guidance on this would be appreciated.

Thanks & 73,
Dick WC1M