[TowerTalk] Rotor selection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor selection
From: "Thomas Tow" <ttow1@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:32:58 -0600
I have a Prosistel PST 61 that I bought from Jay at Dayton about 6 yrs ago.
It is turning a F12 Mag340N, a F12 C31XR and a F12 180B 68' rotatable
dipole, on a 24', 3/8 wall chrome molly 172# mast...It has not missed a
beat. It is mounted in Rohn 55 on a custom metal works plate also from Jay.
 Now, I thought I was good with following the manual but I found out the
hard way that there is a very minor issue of rotor mounting position, noted
in the manual that we overlooked. Until it was 110' in the air :)  Even
though the mounting bolts and plate orientation appear to be able to be used
in any way..."it looks like it just mounts anyway you want to put it on the
plate like a bell rotor..that is incorrect. There is a way mount this thing
so the motor and tower are not an issue. I cannot remember the exact details
after 6 years but the mounting issues here were user error and not the
Prosistel. So, the point is, that this is a great rotator, very powerful and
if I had closely reread the mounting instructions there would have been no
rototator/tower issues. It did cost me three or four hours of crane and
tower tech time to redo the thing. Reading and double checking is cheaper!!
I am happy with the product and would absolutely buy another.
Any tower techs in the Nashville area available to do some minor maintenance
and checkup work??
73, Tommy WD4K