Re: [TowerTalk] Shipping towers/antennas and other radio crap (lotsof it

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shipping towers/antennas and other radio crap (lotsof it)
From: "Roger Kissel" <kc8hz@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 18:48:32 -0500
Bill

You should call Freightquote.com (800.323.5441) and talk with them about freighting things CONUS. I have handled many items, including a Bridgeport milling machine around the country. The Bridgie cost me about $350 from Connecticut to Ohio. I shipped 3 crates o fmachine parts from AX to Ohio (about 700 pounds) for about $250. That included insurance to the tune of about $12,000.

FQ will always get you the last column rates for everything you do with them. They are people-oriented bcuz they want you to come back to them. For every load you bill with them, they get a commission. So if they know that they will get you as a repeat customer, they bend over backwards.

My contact/representative is JOEY and you can mention my name.

Roger
KC8HZ

Bill, Cqtestk4xs@aol.com WROTE Shipping towers/antennas and other radio crap (lots of it)

I have shipped and moved a LOT of tower over the last six years, including
the grand finale of shipping over three hundred feet of Rohn 65, 55 and 25,
along with several thousand feet of guy wire, antennas, miscellaneous hardware
and our household possessions to KH6

Dave vs. Carl: The Insignificant Championship Series. ?Who will win? http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://davevscarl.spaces.live.com/?icid=T001MSN38C07001