[TowerTalk] TIC RINGS

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TIC RINGS
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:44:47 -0500
I used TIC rings to turn 60' boom 20m antennas and a 2el full size 40m with
a 90' 80m element on my Rohn 65G.  I used two motors and I never had a
problem with turning them.  I did have a problem with bigger antennas using
with their older Bison motor units as the motor did not have enough holding
power and the antenna would back-drive the motor in strong winds.  I later
used these units for my small 6 el 15m antennas and used their newer German
motors for the bigger stuff and I never had any wind related problems.

John KK9A