Re: [TowerTalk] change towers?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, w9rma-3@charter.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] change towers?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:37:37 EST

In a message dated 1/13/2007 8:00:28 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  If I took the tower down is there a way to use the present  base for a
crank
up tower?

>  The base is 10'x10'x5', 18  yards of concrete.  Could I use the presents
bolt
pattern
to make a  steel frame to fit the new tower or should I drill into the
concrete and  glue
in new pegs?

Hiya, Ron --

    Your present concrete base is FB and you don't  need a steel frame. Just
drill into the concrete where you need to and then  epoxy the anchor rods in.
Your local rental yard should have everything you  need. A concrete bit will
drill you a hole in a minute or two and the epoxy is  stronger than the
concrete so you'll be good to go! Contractors do this kind  of thing everyday.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for hams