Re: [TowerTalk] HTFA and Reality

To: towertalk@contesting.com, kh@kh-translation.dk
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HTFA and Reality
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:45:53 EST

In a message dated 1/23/2007 10:18:46 A.M. Central America Standard ,

>  I think I must go for a single Force 12 C3SS as high as  possible. I cannot
go for a bigger antenna as the perimeter of the rotating  antenna (turning
radius) will go too near my neighbours at a hight 26 feet.  Going from C3SS
to a longer boom (C31XR) will raise turning radius from  13.6, to 23.8 feet
lowering allowable height to 13 feet. Modelling the  bigger antenna at 13
feet shows inferior performance.

    I've installed a couple of C3SSes and they work  great. The plastic
element spacers are barely adequate but maybe you can make  them more reliable.

    As far as elements crossing over to the  neighbor's property, you can
bend the element tips 90 degrees so they point at  the ground and keep
everything
on your side of the property line. If you fill  the tip with sand and then
bend it, it won't kink but give you a nice radiused  bend. And the DX stations
won't be able to tell the difference!

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH