Re: [TowerTalk] Telrex rotor Selsyns

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Telrex rotor Selsyns
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 10:27:58 -0500 (EST)
The synchro used by Telrex is a 400 Hz synchro run at lower than rated
voltage at 60 Hz.  It also has an unusual small diameter threaded shaft.

I suspect you will not be able to find a direct replacement on the
usual hamfest or ebay market.  If a new direct replacement is available,
its likely to be very expensive.   Perhaps rewinding your existing
synchro or redesigning the control box to use more readily available
components are the most practical solutions

73!
Frank
W3LPL