Re: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex HS 588

To: "charles mcneil" <calchuck@hughes.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex HS 588
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:57:37 -0500
Chuck,

Jim Gave you some good advise and an Engineer is going to cost some money.
In what part of the country are you located? Electrical costs vary widely.
In the mid west it's a fraction of the 30 plus cents per KWh in California.
I think the highest my rates go is 8 cents per KWh. On top of that, here in
the central part of Michigan the average winds are perfect for wind
generation. Unfortunately they get that average by having a lot of calm days
and a lot of very windy days.  Contrary to out chamber of commerce's claims
(they count any day where the sun peaks out momentarily as sunshiny), we
have so much cloudy weather we are not even listed in the pay back charts
for solar energy.

>    Does anyone have any specs on this tower? Anyone have any suggestions
> on how to deal with this problem? I have looked into new towers but
> quickly found out that I would have more money in the tower than I could
> ever get out of Renewable Energy.

As Jim already said, for the most part it's going to be for self
satisfaction and possibly "green" issues as a reasonable payback time, if
any, does not happen in many areas.

Good Luck,

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com

BTW, IIRC payback from the electric grid around here is very close to what
they charge.