[TowerTalk] RE adding up wind loads

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE adding up wind loads
From: "Kurt Andress" <k7nv@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 19:17:01 -0800
There is information about how to take your tower rating (with all the antenna
load at the tower top) and convert that to what most folks really do (stack
antennas above the tower top) in the 19th edition of the ARRL Antenna Handbook
(and later versions).
Take a look at that, and you will probably be able to figure it out.
Please read everything there about it! You will find that area figures provided
by some of your favorite antenna Mfgr's, may not be right for doing the
calculations presented.

73, Kurt, K7NV