Re: [TowerTalk] guy wire and insulators

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] guy wire and insulators
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 09:33:01 -0500 (EST)
Noel,

Will you have antennas for any other bands near the new 130 foot
tower?  If not, I recommend just two insulators, one near the tower,
and one near the guy anchor.

I don't understand how the longest guy wire on a 130 foot tower can be
only 120 feet long.  In any case, if you use two insulators per guy, as
described above, and the longest uninsulated wire is less than 200 feet
long, you should be okay on 160 meters.

If you have nearby antennas for other bands, you may want to use
more insulators.

Good luck with your project.

73!
Frank