[TowerTalk] galvanized radial wires

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] galvanized radial wires
From: VE2RYY <ve2ryy@globetrotter.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 15:42:32 -0500
Hello
I would like to know if anybody has experienced with galvanized radial wires.
I know copper is a lot better, but the price is a lot higher too.
I was just talking with one of my friend and he says galvanized may last many
years...
Is there anyone in the group who had experimented with galvanized 16G wire for
radials on 160M or on another band??

I was told copper is better, but considering  a high numbers of ft in a 3 el
vertical on 160M, I was just wondering if it would be ok also with galvanized
wires...
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
NOEL