[TowerTalk] alpha spid rotator

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] alpha spid rotator
From: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 07:56:36 -0800
I would like to hear from hams who have purchased an Alpha Spid from the
Canadian manufacturer as to if there was a customs charge and did the
manufacturer pay it or did you the customer pay it?

In October 2005 my Visa statement shows that I paid $1083.99 for the rotator
with mouse option.  Shortly thereafter I received a bill from the shipper (DHL
Express) for $25.38.  My senior memory recalls that I called the 800 number of
the shipper and explained that the manufacturer said that I wasn't responsible
to pay for it and gave them the manufacturers representative telephone number
(I had also called the manufacturer who said that there was some sort of mix-up
between them and the shipper)..
Yesterday I received a bill from a collection agency in Texas for the customs
charge plus an additional $6.35 penalty!

This is a small charge and I could just go ahead and pay it but I would like to
know if it is usually paid by Alpha Radio, Ltd?

k7puc