[TowerTalk] Seperation?

To: "tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Seperation?
From: "StellarCAT" <RXDesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 08:24:00 -0700
Steve,

I will be out there helping you with Pauls install - at least
for a day.... I have my 80 F12 dipole
(the same one Paul got) separated by 16' from the 20 antenna
(the one to be worried about
per Tom) and it works superbly... 6' will probably work fine but
it is just a quess. I believe Tom
told me that there are no concerns about how close you space it
to any 20 antenna - if and only if
in ALL cases you turn the 80/75 ninety degrees from the 20 no
matter what spacing - again according
to Tom.

Also I need to call you soon as I would like you to quote doing
a change on my tower as well. I went
with 1/4" EHS with insulators spaced the right distances... I
believe all works fine with the one
exception of the attachment to the tower. I have 6' to the first
insulator BUT I don't think the ARRL
in publishing their chart for good distances with no interaction
took into account the fact that it is
going THROUGH the tower at this point and thus closer to 13.5'
in length! Anyway I was hoping
to try to insulate the steel guy from the tower. Using a couple
or several layers of HD heatshrink or
something similar. I believe 2 of the 3 guys is all that should
be needed... and I have 3 guy sets.

regards,

Gary,
K9RX

Howdy, TowerTalkians --

I'm putting a F12 80M dipole above a MonstIR soon.  Has anyone
done this? Did
you notice any effects - good or bad?

    I think we're going to have about 6' of separation  and I'm
wondering if
that's enough. Tnx.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC