Re: [TowerTalk] 40 meter vertical ant

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40 meter vertical ant
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 22:51:49 -0600
I think one of the advantages/disadvantages should be immediately
obvious, you need an 80 ft plus tower to put up a 40 meter half wave
vertical dipole.  If you do put it on a tower, it will no longer be just
a vertical dipole, it will interact with the tower.  If you have an 80
ft tower I can think of many better antennas to put on it.

If you have an 80 ft tree, you could put up a half wave sloping dipole
that would beat a vertical  in some directions.  If you have two 80 ft
trees, you could put up a horizontal dipole that would beat the half
sloper and the vertical.

Jerry, K4SAV