Re: [TowerTalk] Tower foundations

To: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>,"Talk Tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower foundations
From: Joe - WDØM <WD0M@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:10:45 -0700
Hi Bob,

I had a similar issue - and resolved it with
epoxy/rock cement and drilling holes using a
hammer drill to put 25 rebar rods in place.  The
difference is that my tower base is all above
ground, because I have bedrock 6 inches under the
soil on almost all of my 5 acres.

I've had my tower up for almost 3 years, and it's
withstood 88 mph wind gusts that blew out the
front windows in my home with not a single
problem.  Was I nervous when I did it?  Yup.  I'm
very comfortable with the decision, and it's
worked very well.  It's a free standing US Towers TX-455.

You can see it on my web page at:

http://home.centurytel.net/WD0M/

Click on Ham Radio, then "Tower Project".

Hope that helps!

73,
Joe
WDØM