Re: [TowerTalk] Tower foundations

To: <john@kk9a.com>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower foundations
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 20:46:41 -0500
John, in all due respect, if you think that an unguyed 60 foot tower made
from Rohn 65G is not very strong and shaky,  I'd like to have what your
drinking.  Rohn claims that you can use 65 up to 60 feet with  70mph winds
with ±5 sqft of surface area, if you have the proper foundation.  I would
think that Rohn 65 is stronger than a LM470 in 70mph wind with equal loads.
I have a homebrewed  Hygain Hytower made with Rohn 25 and I climb up to the
27' level frequently without any guys.  Sure, you don't want to go up there
and yank back and forth but it is perfectly safe.

Bob W6TR