Re: [TowerTalk] Seperation?

To: RXDesign@ssvecnet.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Seperation?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 06:41:45 EST

In a message dated 2/14/2007 10:13:29 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
RXDesign@ssvecnet.com writes:

>  the alternative I am considering is simply replacing this 6'  piece with
phillystran. I was looking at the 11200 which is 0.44" thick and  rated at
11200#. Do you know - how does one cut this stuff?

    You can cut it with a razor-knive or  dikes.

    The 11200 size is pretty much overkill and  unnecessary. If you're using
1/4" EHS, then you just need HPTG6700.

>   If i go this way am I simply looking at 2 preforms and  the one 6'
length? Nothing else?

    You mean per guy wire, right? You'd need a  total of six Preforms and
three Phillystran lengths.

    The Preforms are pretty long - approaching 3  feet - so I'd allow some
more just to be safe.

>  Does one use a standard metal galvanized thimble for this -

Standard - yes. Phillystran requires an  oversized thimble. Check the website
for the specific size.

>  no concerns about it "wearing" over time as the metal  galvanization is
often pretty rough.

    No worries. Something has to move in order to  wear. The Phillystran
ain't going nowhere.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH