[TowerTalk] modeling insulated DE using YO

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] modeling insulated DE using YO
From: "Pete Raymond" <n4kw@infionline.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 15:08:18 -0500
I have been attempting to model an insulated driven element (DE) for a 5el
Yagi using YO, and not sure if I am using the correct procedure.  The YO
manual does not address an insulated driven element.  I am converting from a
"T" Match to a Hairpin Match and thus the insulated DE.  I am getting
conflicting results for the shorting arm distance which leads me to
wondering if there is a problem with my procedure or the software.

After developing the taper schedule for the antenna elements, in the DE line
I place a 0 (zero) in the column under the correction factor used for the
mounting plate that is used for the remaining elements.
The DE line now looks like this
               1.9000           1.2500          1.0000         0.7500
0.500
87.945      0.0                30.000         57.000         57.000
60.600

I used a zero as the mounting plate is not taken into account since the DE
is insulated from the boom.

Is this the correct method to use when modeling an insulated DE.

73 Pete N4KW