[TowerTalk] re Hardline connectors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] re Hardline connectors
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 17:52:49 +0000
Pete,

The towertalk archive goes back to 1996 and earlier mentions of W4AN's post
say it was in 1995 and I am unable to find it in a search.  If you have it
and could repost it or post what he wrote, even just the materials he used,
that would be great.  With a parts list we could probably figure the rest of
it out.

Thanks,

rob / k5uj

<<<Just FYI, the RF Connection in Gaithersburg MD is a good source for used
1/2"
hardline connectors.  They come simply lopped off the ends of the cable they
were on, so you can "reverse engineer" how they are installed, and once you
see
it, it's VERY simple.  These connectors are N females, but they are a lot
cheaper and more plentiful that UHFs for 1/2 inch line.

If you're interested in homebrewing your own UHF females for 3/4" TV
hardline,
check the Towertalk archives for a message from W4AN (SK) that explains how
do it with an Amphenol barrel connector and a $2 plumbing adapter.  For HF,
the
half-wave multiple idea worked fine for me here from 160 to 10 meters,
without
matching transformers.  I cut the feedline to be a multiple of a half-wave
at
1750 KHz, and then measured and trimmed the length at 28 MHz.

73, Pete N4ZR>>>

Refi Now: Rates near 39yr lows!  $430,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate
new payment
http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-17727&moid=7581