Re: [TowerTalk] Hardline Connectors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hardline Connectors
From: Stan Stockton <k5go@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 13:54:36 -0600
N4ZR Wrote:

The Amphenol barrels have a snap ring in one end that secures the internal
parts.  Use a hacksaw to cut down to the snap ring and remove it.  All the
innards will fall out.
For many years I used a dental tool to remove that snap ring without hacksawing
anything.  Lately, I have been coating the PL-258 with some flux and using  a
propane torch, making the solder flow all the way around in about 3 seconds.
As soon as it flows quickly pick up the connector with a gloved hand and drop
it in a cup of water.  You can make a dozen hardline connectors for 3/4" CATV
hardline in less than five minutes.

Stan, K5GO