Re: [TowerTalk] Pesky Dawg....

To: towertalk@contesting.com, rees.a@btconnect.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pesky Dawg....
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:15:23 EST

In a message dated 2/25/2007 10:57:07 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,

>  As Spring is on its way here in Wales, I thought I'd do some  house
keeping, as well as get the LF Antennas ready for CQWW  WPX.

>  At the moment I am using temporary masts, as the towers  won't be
installed for a few weeks.

>  Anyway, our house dog  (a very active 12 month Springer Spaniel) has
chewed his way through two  guy ropes. Because I plan on installing my
telescopic towers with guy  ropes, the guy ropes need to be flexible
(Steel isn't really an option). So  I have to use something like
Phillystran.

>  Question is,  what do people suggest I do to prevent the hound from
chewing the guy ropes  ? Keeping him out of the Antenna Field isn't an
option....... I have  considered Chili Pepper Sauce, but he has a taste
for this.........and  almost anything else !

    Here's a simple solution. Just put some lengths  of PVC pipe over the
guys. When he tries to chew it, it'll spin.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH

http://www.aol.com.