Re: [TowerTalk] Electric Fence

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>,"Robert Bogash" <rbogash@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Electric Fence
From: "Jerrry BOYD" <exlasd@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 20:29:34 -0800
  From: Robert Bogash<mailto:rbogash@centurytel.net>
  To: towertalk@contesting.com<mailto:towertalk@contesting.com>
  Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2007 11:47 AM
  Subject: [TowerTalk] Electric Fence

  How long do you operate at a stretch?  Is turning off the electric fence
  during operating times impractical?

  I had thousands of linear feet of electric fencing (including, if not
  especially, the top strand - for horses.)  My experience was that the
  fence became more of a training device (like the Invisible Fence for
  dogs) than a deterrent.  After the livestock (and we had all kinds)
  learned where the fence was - they stayed away.  Even when the fence was
  off.  In fact, in later years, we had large sections of electric fencing
  that had become inoperative.  Our critters (the same individuals) acted
  like it was up and running.  (But, if we through a new guy in, then we
  had a problem - he didn't know the "routine.")

  Bob
  W7DDD