Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking 204BA's

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking 204BA's
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 14:18:45 -0500

K6ZZ:
 >If I understand what I've been reading correctly, an
optimized design for a single yagi is not neccessarily the
best design when planning to use a pair of them in a stack.

         True.  First determine the stacking distance
you want based on HFTA.  Next model the combination
using YO7 (not sure if YO will do it but I know YO7
will...select "Height" in menu.

         Here's a comparison of a stack of 6 el KLMs
using stock dimensions...and after optimization:

http://users.vnet.net/btippett/yagi_optimizer_7_0.htm

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV

 >I plan to experiment with HFTA, YW and YO but would also
like to hear your thoughts on the subject.