[TowerTalk] Tic Ring -Ring rotors - tricks of the trade

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tic Ring -Ring rotors - tricks of the trade
From: Mark Pride <mpride@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 08:53:34 -0400
Hello TTer's with Ring Rotors

I am seeking ideas, tricks or suggestions about the Tic Rotors in use
today.  Seems the biggest challenge I run into with these rotors is the
problem of keeping the gear teeth engaged.  After some use, the ring
either gets out of round (hard to believe!) or the teeth tend to disengage
for some reason and the antenna rotation ends as it goes into a gap in the
teeth.  Motor supports are loosing over time or what?  After this
condition develops, any suggestion as to how to get it re-aligned?

I need some suggestions regarding maintenance of these rotors.  Tell me
your stories, problems and issues with these rotors - would love to hear
of your experiences with these things!  Thanks!  Please reply directly.

Regards,

Mark, K1RX