[TowerTalk] Tower Damage inspection?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Damage inspection?
From: KT2Q <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 00:55:08 -0400
All:

I haven't been able to fully inspect the tower as
I'd like with all the snow, but it looks ok so
far. I don't see any obvious grinding or bending
from the winch failure.

I'll take a better look tomorrow, but the problem
is that I'm not sure what part of the tower would
absorbed the fall and where the damage would be?
The tower sections didn't bottom out or strike the
mounting plate, and it looks like the two inner
sections "hang" from the top.

My best guess is that the larger outer section
took most of the punishment from the two inner
sections as they fell, but where to look? Can
anyone tell me the part of the tower that would
most likely get damaged and what to look for? The
tower is a U.S. Tower HDX555.

Thanks,

Tony - KT2Q