Re: [TowerTalk] Moving tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Moving tower
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:17:38 EDT

In a message dated 3/18/2007 10:01:52 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I'm curious - did you calculate the total cost of your trip  (including
gas,
tolls, rentals, and your time)?  I wonder whether you  might come out ahead
if you were to sell the tower in Oregon and buy  locally whatever kind of new
or used tower you want.  Also, the HDX555  might not even be the exact tower
you would have bought if you were picking  it out yourself. Some food for
thought...

         Especially  considering that the tower is NOT rated anywhere close
to the windspeed  rating in Louisiana; East Baton Rouge County has a 95 MPH
rating. The tower  might be rated to 75-80 MPH. You'd be better off selling it
where it is and then  buying a real tower for your situation.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for  hams