Re: [TowerTalk] GUY DISTANCE

To: "k2vi" <k2vi@cox.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] GUY DISTANCE
From: "Phil Jung" <k9pj@b2xonline.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:39:36 -0500
Anthony,

My old Rohn books says:  For a 50' of Rohn 25  you need two sets of 3/16"EHS
guys one at 25' the second at 50'. Both anchored 40' from the tower base.
For Philly instead of 3/16" I believe you need 4000I.  Consider using EHS at
the anchor points due to possible abrasion or grass fires that Philly might
not survive.  Don't forget sufficient concrete at the anchor and tower base.

73, Phil, K9PJ