Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu rotator connector

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu rotator connector
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:38:55 -0500
Here's some additional Yaesu rotor connector information...

It all depends upon the vintage of the rotor. I have three of the G-1000DX
rotors. Two of them are 15+ years old, the other one is newer, maybe 5+ years
old.

They use different connectors. I took photos of these rotors and posted them to
my miscellaneous junk webpage, here:

http://chudek.aberon.net/

Go into the Yaesu album and you can visually compare the jacks used on these
units. You will see the original connector flange was round and sported 6 beefy
pins. The newer rotor has a square flange connector with 7 smaller pins.

[Shameless plug follows...]

BTW, I love these rotors... they have turned HyGain TH5's, TH11's, and Mosley
Pro-67's for years without any rotor motor issues. I like the 90 degree overlap
and the large 360 degree compass dial on the controller. The only improvement I
could ask for would be to have additional pushbutton presets on the front panel.

HTH

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Message: 2