Re: [TowerTalk] Wilson TT-45

To: towertalk@contesting.com, elcronin@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wilson TT-45
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 11:58:46 EDT

In a message dated 3/30/2007 12:42:38 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  This is ke6qr, Gary in Vallejo, Ca. I have had a Wilson  TT-45 (40 foot
tubular tower) for 27 years now.  I recently ordered a  Step IR tribander with
30/40 meter dipole kit. The antenna weighs 49 lbs. I  need to find out what the
Wilson Tower is rated for in weight.

    At what windspeed?

>  The Wilson company that made the Tower has been out of  business for many
years. Any help you can give me finding the weight  capabilities would be
greatly appreciated.

         You can make some  good inferences from the US Tower equivalent.
They were designed by the same guy  but the old crank-ups were only rated to 50
MPH - 70 MPH is the minimum standard  now.

        What did you have on the  tower previously? My guess is that it'll be
okay for what you're proposing but  I'd be pretty conservative about it; e.g.
not running the tower all the way up,  cranking it down if you're not using
it, etc.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH --