Re: [TowerTalk] Towers,Rotators and Antennas in 100 MPH Windzones

To: towertalk@contesting.com, VE6WA@infinichron.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Towers,Rotators and Antennas in 100 MPH Windzones
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 17:38:16 EDT

In a message dated 4/5/2007 9:02:52 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  What do I need for a tower and rotator(s)? There's no way  that 25G is
rated
for this and from the best I can tell, it is too much for  45G as well.

Actually 45G might work for you. It'll handle  about 19 square feet @ 100 MPH
for one-hundred feet. Of course a beefier  setup would be to use 55G - it'll
handle about 23 sq.ft.

    What a predicament. Having a blank sheet of paper  with a cliff over
saltwater. I wish I had that problem!!

Cheers & GL,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH