Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower HDX-555

To: towertalk@contesting.com, n9lah@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower HDX-555
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 07:35:35 EDT

In a message dated 4/8/2007 8:38:43 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  OK I have gotten the replacement cables from US Towers. Any  tips from
the folks who have done this project yet? The short cable for  the upper
section seems pretty straight forward. It is the routing of the  cable
through the motor drive that concerns me a little. I do plan on  taking
lots of pictures before and during the process. I also have access  to
two other units to check things out but both the closest is 30-40
minutes away.

    What prompted you to want to replace the cables?  Unless there's obvious
damage or serious rust, I've only seen one ham crank-up  (and it was really
decrepit) where the cables actually needed replacing. Just  curious.

    Recabling some of the UST products - primarily  the crank-ups with
positive pull-down - aren't easy.

Cheers,
Steve       K7LXC