Re: [TowerTalk] Blackening Aluminum

To: 'Bill Turner' <dezrat@copper.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Blackening Aluminum
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:30:38 -0800
Good anodizing doesn't fade.  Really thin, cheap anodizing can.

Anodizing is available in many grades, which includes thickness.  When I
discussed this with my local anodizing shop, they gave me the whole catalog
tour...anodizing for military equipment is often so thick you can't blast
through it with an axe.  That probably costs more than what most of us would
like to spend...

WB2WIK/6