[TowerTalk] Stroke

To: K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stroke
From: Robert Bogash <rbogash@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 11:19:13 -0700
Great story, Roger, if that's the right word.

I'm 63 and have been watching my friends, neighbors, and relatives
expiring quickly (the lucky ones) or slowly (the unlucky ones) and can
understand full well your message.  Just today, we are bringing home my
best friend after 4 months in hospital, during which time he was written
off by family and medical staff, but literally came back from the dead.
All of us are just a "Jello slip" away from a whole new outlook on life,
and you did a great job bringing that reality into focus.

As for me, I don't climb towers because I'm afraid of heights (above
about 25 feet) - too many ladder and roof falls over the years.  (Not
afraid of flying heights - been a pilot for 44 years.)  Also, I don't
have a tower!  So far, all wires and verticals which keep me happy.
Also, I don't like the looks of towers (WHAT! - why do you subscribe to
Tower Talk???)  I have a nice place with a great view, and it already
looks more like Cape Canaveral than I'd like.  Occasionally, I do lust
after a nice yagi up high, so I draw doodles of low visual impact wood
power poles or light standards with a hex-beam or some such up about 35
feet.

Keep up the good recovery.

Bob
W7DDD