Re: [TowerTalk] stepir vs c31xr

To: towertalk@contesting.com, k2vi@cox.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] stepir vs c31xr
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 16:59:16 EDT

In a message dated 5/11/2007 11:11:44 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I will put my mosley ta-33 classic againt the 3 el ir or c31  force 12 any
day and come up big in many ways,here they are: #1 the mosley 33  classic is
650.00 shipped,my antenna get the same signal reports as the 3 el  steppir
every time,and maybe the c31xr has a small margin of gain over both  the IR and
mosley just because of it's much larger boom and more elements.now  here you
have two antennas which preform equally,the difference is the stepp  ir cost
1700.00 thats 1100.00 more than the mosley,by the way my mosley is  around 30
year old in the air.Still working like new.Had to change the coax a  few times
and clean the traps which were really clean anyway.so you make the  decision
own
an antenna that does not require a tuner in line but will  definatley have
service issues in 5-10 years(How much is a motor?)or a mosley  you put up and
forget its there for 30+ years and save the 1100.00 towards a  new amp or
vacation.I rest my case..

    But not very convincingly.

    According to our yagi comparison report, here are  the published
REPEATABLE gain results of the C3 and the TA-33:

                20M    15M    10M
C3           3.3        4.3    2.7
TA-33      1.2        2.3    1.3

    At least this Mosley had gain, albeit not much;  the other Mosley PRO
antennas we tested had NEGATIVE gain on some bands.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
Champion Radio Products
Cell: 206-890-4188