Re: [TowerTalk] Got a tower/antenna in a CC&R subdivision?

To: "Julio Peralta" <jperalta@tampabay.rr.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Got a tower/antenna in a CC&R subdivision?
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 13:48:32 -0700
At 01:38 PM 5/14/2007, Julio Peralta wrote:
>The house across the street from where I used to live sold for more than
>any other house in the neighborhood had ever sold for. This is while I
>had an 89' UST crank up with a 6 elem 6M beam, two 19 elem 2M beams and
>2 39 elem 70Cm beams up. Several years later I sold my house for what we
>were asking for it without any issues about the tower coming to my
>attention; of course I took it down when we moved.
>
>I think the price/worth of a house has much more to do with the
>condition in which it's maintained than whether a guy has a tower in his
>yard across the street or down the block.

Almost certainly true..

The problem is that the question isn't usually phrased that way.  The
would-be seller asks the real estate person: What kind of price am I
going to get?  And the agent says, well... a new coat of paint won't
hurt, neither would redoing your landscape, and hey, is there anyway
to get your neighbor to mow their lawn, and, for gosh sakes, can't we
get rid of that big ugly tower down the street, because, you never
know, it might put someone off.  It's all totally speculative.

And, when your sitting there with your house not selling after 120
days because you've priced it high and you're upside down on the
loan, and the real estate agent telling you "if only that guy didn't
have those antennas", it seems a different story.

Nobody wants to hear "Oh, you fool, you overextended and bought at
the top of the market"