Re: [TowerTalk] Got a tower/antenna in a CC&R subdivision?

To: "Bob Nielsen" <nielsen@oz.net>,"TowerTalk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Got a tower/antenna in a CC&R subdivision?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 19:53:15 -0400
From: "Bob Nielsen" <nielsen@oz.net>
To: "TowerTalk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 6:40 PM

> On May 14, 2007, at 3:23 PM, Tim Heger wrote:
>
>> Why buy a house where your neighbors can have control over what
>> antennas you
>> put up?
>> Someone please explain?  I have never been able to understand why
>> anyone
>> would do that.
>>
>> 73, Tim - N3XX
>
> Wives.

If either a wife or husband has to give up something very dear, or important
to them to please the other it is likely to become a major bone of
contention sooner of later and does not bode well for the relationshipong
term.  When work requires  a person live in an are different than their
preference it adds lots of stress.

I know one couple who had been married almost 20 years.She told me she came
home one day to find he'd moved out. She didn't understand why as they'd
never had an argument in all the years the'd been married.

My wife has been a ham (General class at 13 WPM) for close to 20 years (give
or take)  although she doesn't share my drive for big antennas and HF rigs.
OTOH if we can afford it she says "go for it".  The same with flying, if it
was a beautiful day and I was home working on a project she'd want to know
why I didn't go to the airport. Now that I'm not able to fly (temporary
situation I hope!) she keeps telling me I need to get out to the airport
more <:-)) Probably for her own sanity after listening to a detailed
explanation of my latest project.<:-))

She has told me she's about to take my cane away from me and use it to beat
me about the ears<:-)) (after listening to a detailed explanation about my
latest project)

When I can't fly I go back to working on and building computers.  I don't
think flying costs much more.
Roger (K8RI)