Re: [TowerTalk] 25G TAKE DOWN

To: "N4BAA - Jose Castillo" <n4baa@cox.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 25G TAKE DOWN
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 11:36:00 -0400
WHY isnt it safe to climb? If it is bad guys then installing a temporary set
is an alternative.

Ive taken down 25G the quick way by releasing the guys on one side. If the
fall path is clear of obstructions the only damage is usually to the bottom
section. Cutting  the legs part way thru helps minimize that damage. Having
a lot of small shrubs/ground cover will cushion the landing.

I took a 100' down that way a few years ago for a customer. Came down clean
into a wild blueberry patch, took it apart and it was up at his new QTH the
next day.

Carl
KM1H