To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 53, Issue 76
From: "James Wolf" <jbwolf@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 21:33:08 -0400

>For RF grounding (remember, this is a 160 receive loop that's going
>up, not lightning protection or for TX), do you think I can get away
>with this only 4' into the ground or must I go down 8'?

Peter,

The K9AY loop does work against ground so it needs a ground system.
Install radials under the array, eight should work fine, although overkill
never hurt anyone.
Use whatever you have in the ground from the ground rod you have in, and use
the other half for another ground rod at least a foot or so away if you can.

Jim, KR9U