Re: [TowerTalk] Two Verticals one radial field

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Two Verticals one radial field
From: "N4PT" <n4pt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 08:17:13 -0700
I think I have seen this discussed before but could not find it in the archives.

I have an 1/4 wave 80 Meter vertical with about 100 radials under it. I would
like to use an old Hustler 4BTV for the lower bands. Can I use the same radial
field for the 4BTV? I would only use one antenna at a time.

1. What separation between the two vertical elements?
2. How to connect to the radial field ? A line back to the central point or
just connect to the nearest radial ?
3. When using one vertical should the other vertical be grounded or open ?

73,
Art N4PT