Re: [TowerTalk] Is anyone using the 3 feedline approachontheC31XRfor SO2

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Is anyone using the 3 feedline approachontheC31XRfor SO2R?
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 18:35:01 -0500
We measured what was coming down the feedline and using the receiver specs,
calculated how much attenuation would be needed on each band to keep the
level acceptable to the radio - I recall the numbers were between 45 and mid
70s in db depending on the TX/RX combination being calculated.

Then we worked out combinations of bandpass filters and stubs until we got
maybe 10 db more than was needed in some cases.  Don't ask me how we did
this, I am an appliance operator who picks my operating buddies wisely :)  I
was responsible for working 200 guys an hour.

It was a good, practical exercise.  It worked.

Mark, N5OT