Re: [TowerTalk] elevated radials vertical

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] elevated radials vertical
From: GALE STEWARD <k3nd@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 05:29:45 -0700 (PDT)
When I first moved into my house some years ago, I put
up a 20M ground plane made from an old Hygain 18V. The
base was up 20 ft and I had four sloping radials that
sloped down at about a 35 degree angle. I adjusted the
length of the vertical "element" to get a decent VSWR
in the 20M CW band. The antenna worked very well for
some months and I was able to get on the air and work
lots of DX with it during the time I was installing my
tower and yagis.

All this proves is that it worked well for me. Was it
as good as my present antennas? No. It was a decent
alternative until I could build something better.

73, Stew K3ND

http://mail.yahoo.com