Re: [TowerTalk] Balun question

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>,"Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Balun question
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:07:59 -0400
"Ordinary" coax could mean anything from hard line to poor shielding
coverage CB or RatShack cable. My apologies to RatShack if they have
improved their offerings in the 10 or so years since I last looked.
Since many hams tend to be cheap their view of ordinary coax would give
excessive leakage from the center conductor and possibly creating all sorts
of non linear problems with the ferrite.

A big reason I get away with almost no family or neighbor complaints (all
complaints have been telephones and have been cleared up) on any frequency
from 1.8 thru 1296 is my use of all 75 Ohm hardline coupled to quad shield
RG-11 for flexible use around rotators and in the shack. A pleasant benefit
is lower loss than comparable 50 Ohm cables.
All feedpoints use ferrite sleeve baluns tailored to the frequency of use.
One size does not fit all applications.

Carl
KM1H